Q: Why only 4 Visitors per Site? A: Your License to Occupy states there is a maximum of 6 “immediate family members”:
Occupancy and use of the Site is strictly limited to a maximum of six (6) persons at any one time, inclusive of the Occupant(s). There is no occupancy charge for eligible “immediate family members”, who are defined as follows and listed below: parents/guardians and his/her/their dependent children to a maximum of six (6) persons, including the Occupant(s). Registered Occupant MUST be on Site for the eligible immediate family members to use trailer free of charge and all visitors other than immediate family members, as listed below, must register at the Resort office, and pay the prescribed visitor’s fee.
License to Occupy Schedule ‘A’
DEPENDANTS: As described on the Government of Canada Website (www.canada.ca)
“Definition of dependent children with new age limit
The age limit of dependent children has changed from “under 19” to “under 22.”
Children qualify as dependants if they meet both of these requirements:
• they’re under 22 years old, and
• they don’t have a spouse or partner
Dependants over the age limit
Children 22 years old or older qualify as dependants if they meet both of these requirements:
• they have depended on their parents for financial support since before the age of 22, and
• they are unable to financially support themselves because of a mental or physical condition”
Dependants must be the children of the registered license holder.
The Province of Ontario has restricted a “family bubble” to a maximum of ten (10) persons. With a maximum of six (6) people permitted under the Site occupancy, that means a maximum of four (4) visitors per Site. If this changes, we will review our policy.
Province of Ontario ONE “bubble” guideline: https://www.ontario.ca/page/create-social-circle-during-covid-19
Q: Why can’t my Visitors stay overnight? A: We have listened to you and Visitors are permitted to stay overnight.
Q: Why can’t we have any Visitor, why is it limited to the same 4 people? A: Please see reasoning below.
- Killam is trying to find the happy medium between customer requests for Visitors and adhering to government restrictions and keeping employees safe. Under Covid and government restrictions, tying to control unlimited Visitor access and ensure tracking for contact tracing, as well as maintaining limited contact between Visitors, Seasonals and employees, would be a very daunting task. The government requires that we track everyone entering the resort and if every seasonal site had 4 different Visitors each week, it could mean exposure to over 4000 different people in only one month to each of our Seasonals and our staff. In addition, it is necessary to record contact information for each person. For these reasons, the decision to use a prorated seasonal pass for limited Visitors was made.
- Our Seasonal Visitors Policy is not new; however, it may have not been followed in prior years. Please see our visitor’s policy below which can be found on page 4 of your 2020 Licence to Occupy – Schedule “A”:
VISITORS: All visitors will be required to register at the office before being admitted into the park. There is a daily & nightly fee for visitors and there is a seasonal pass available for extended family members or friends, which allows a maximum of 2 adults and their immediate dependent children (maximum of 4 in total). Only one family may be signed in at a time using the seasonal pass. Visitors are allowed to stay overnight only if suitably accommodated in Occupant’s trailer while the occupant is on Site. Day visitors must leave by 10pm. Occupants are responsible for the conduct and actions of their visitors. VISITORS CAUGHT USING A SITE IN THE ABSENCE OF THE REGISTERED OCCUPANTS WILL BE CHARGED THE DAILY TRANSIENT RATE BY HOLIDAY PARK FOR THE USE OF THE SITE AND SERVICES. ANY OCCUPANT FOUND LETTING THEIR SITE TO THIRD PARTIES MAY HAVE THEIR LICENSE TO OCCUPY TERMINATED.
- A full season Visitor pass is typically $265.00, but with the season underway, we have prorated this pass to be $200.00 per Visitor family of 4.
- An overnight Visitor pass is typically $15.00; however, we will be charging a flat fee of $10.00 per person for the remainder of this season, for a daily or overnight visit. This will only be charged to a maximum of $200.00 per Visitor family of 4.
- For example, the cost for one long weekend for two Visitors is $60.00 (2 Visitors X $10 X 3 days = $60). The cost for 4 Visitors for 10 visits = $400.00 (4 Visitors X $10 X 10 visits = $400.00); this will be capped at $200.00.
- This season, your “Visitor bubble” of 4 can visit as often as they like for a flat total of $200.00 plus HST. There are at least 14 weekends left in the season to enjoy with your guests.
NOTE: You may pay for a single discounted Visitor pass of $200.00 + HST up front and all at once, or you may pay per visit. In any case, you will not be charged more than $200.00 + HST regardless of the number of visits for your “Visitor bubble” of 4.
Thank you for your understanding. Please continue to follow social and physical distancing.
Enjoy the season!